Skip to main content

Clarity

I've had a clear moment of thought brought on by indulging in an interesting conversation. Going through my thoughts and goals I have found a pattern of brevity. I want to fit as much life experiences as I can. To contrast I want a focus and a certain ideal to drive me, albeit nothing eccentric or expensive. And the simple answer is pride. Maybe that isn't the correct word, but I would like to feel good about what I do. I am diverging on a road meant for people who are portrayed as unhappy or unfulfilled.

The next step in my career is a bank or fund in which I can trade the markets or analyze them. This seems, to me, a useless endeavor which will inevitably only lead to more stress and work. And I believe that the function of man is not to work but to achieve great feats for the betterment of society. Which is in itself a difficult task that is not laid out for everyone, most people seem to exist simply to survive; that is a life I do not care to live.

Writing financial reports to be read by a handful of people to make them money do not fit my ideal of truly living. I enjoy the things money gives you but what most people don't realize is that it is not a complete necessity. You can have a meaningful life with the absence of large amounts of cash. I use to think those ideals were for the weak minded, however, I believe I've found the opposite to be true.

What would I do for free everyday that will make me proud when I am finished. My simple answer? Snowboard. My best memories are when I am on a mountain surrounded by fresh white snow. So why would I sit in a cubicle for a third of my day to make money to go on a vacation to do what I love? Really why? I can't think of a reason. Why not take a risk and move to a skiing town where I can be a snowboard instructor and show others how much fun they can have if they just let go. That brings me to my point: Let go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rely

This is not about not needing people. This is about leaning on those who are wrong for you. People come in and out of your life quickly, and those who stay are supposed to be the ones you can count on. The thing is that people come and go out of your life for different reasons, some your fault sometimes unbeknownst to you. My second biggest problem is I cannot identify these types of people; the ones who stay because they see something great in you and the ones that stay because they have nowhere else to go. It is not always about you, even if it seems so. My biggest problem is that I rely on people to do things for me: Help me with an idea, start a business venture with me, be a partner or go all in with me on ideas. Either I haven't found my person to do that with, or I am much too reliant on others to get a job I want done. Even writing that last bit gave me a feeling that I didn't particularly like. Because I know it is true, if I want to do something I should do it myself.

27

 It's over. My birthday I mean, it was akin to any other day off I have and that made me a little sad. I didn't have plans for it, I didn't try to make plans for it so low and behold it was another passing day with nothing to show for it.  Twenty-seven seems like such a weird age to be. I am fully and in all legal senses an adult but I really still don't feel like one. Maybe I'm too close to home and feel like there is some type of safety net because of that? Probably. I know exactly what I want to do next year though. At 28 I want to go skydiving and be less than 185lb when I'm doing it, I want to be fit by my next birthday and I want to feel good about it. I want to feel like it isn't just another day where I lounge around and fuck off, it has to have some meaning. I mean in the end isn't that what everyone wants?  Meaning.